Syrups are traditionally made by making a strong tea, then dissolving a lot of sugar into it. However, we prefer this method, which makes a stronger, more shelf stable recipe using less refined sugar thanks to the addition of alcohol. Syrups are typically taken by the teaspoon.
What You’ll Need:
- Chopped fresh herb or dried plant material
- Honey (preferably raw)
- 100-proof vodka
- Jar with lid, strainer, measuring cup
- Loosely fill your jar with fresh herb (half full for dried)
- Cover with a combination of 50 percent honey, 50 percent vodka.
- Shake vigorously to combine.
Shake periodically and strain after 2 to 4 weeks.