Nettle-Oat Super Infusion
Super infusing your herbs maximizes the mineral extraction from tonic herbs. One cup of nettle tea goes from having 40 to 80mg of calcium per mug to approximately 500mg per mug! Drink this regularly as a bioavailable source of calcium, magnesium, potassium, and silica, which are particularly helpful for strong bones but also support everyday health. Measure your dried herbs on a scale.
What You’ll Need:
- .06 ounce, dried nettle leaf
- 0.4 ounce, dried oat straw
- about 32 ounces, boiling water
- Quart sized French-press (or quart sized jar, large hand strainer, and a clean cloth)
- Add your herbs to a quart sized French press or jar, then cover them with boiling water, stirring to mix well. Let steep 4 or more hours, then strain, squeezing out as much liquid from the herbs as you can. Drink the tea over the course of 1 to 2 days.