Milky Oats Tincture
This technique is essentially the same as for a fresh plant tincture, but whirring it in a blender better extracts the “milk.” It will settle out in the bottle, so be sure to shake it before dosing.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 part by weight fresh milky oat seeds
- 2 parts by volume high-proof alcohol or apple cider vinegar
- Combine the herbs and alcohol in a blender, and whir it together into a slurry.
- Pour into a jar, cover, and shake periodically. Wait at least a month before straining.
- (caution: do not use milky oats if you have a gluten allergy. Although oats do not contain gluten, they do have proteins with gluten-like structures)